It is our pleasure to invite you to join the New York University Annual Survey of American Law and Brady: United Against Gun Violence for “Gun Reform: The Current Legal Landscape.” This half-day symposium will address the current gun crisis in America with a focus on recent developments in our nation’s courts and legislatures regarding the Second Amendment and gun reform.
This event will be taking place on Monday, April 6 from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m in Greenberg Lounge, Vanderbilt Hall at NYU School of Law.
9:30-10:00 a.m. Registration
10:00 -10:15 a.m. Opening Remarks and Introduction
10:15-10:45 a.m. Keynote Address delivered by Eric Tirschwell
10:45-11:00 a.m. Coffee Break
11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Panel 1: Curbing Gun Violence Through the Courts
12:30-1:15 p.m. Lunch
1:15-2:45 p.m. Panel 2: Closing Loopholes: Necessary Policy and Regulatory Changes
Please register HERE!
- Eric Tirschwell, Managing Director of Litigation and National Enforcement Policy, Everytown
- John Lowy, Vice President, Legal Action Project, Brady
- Alvin Bragg, Co-Director of the Racial Justice Project, Visiting Professor at NYLS and candidate for Manhattan DA
- Ira Feinberg, Partner at Hogan Lovells, member of Firearm Accountability Task Force, and lawyer for March for Our Lives
- Joseph Blocher, Duke Law Professor
- Alla Lefkowitz, Director of Affirmative Litigation, Everytown
- Alicyn Cooley, Executive Director, Program on Corporate Compliance and Enforcement at NYU Law
- Eric Ruben, Assistant Professor of Law at SMU Dedman School of Law and Brennan Center Fellow
- Christian Heyne, Director of Policy at Brady and Gun Violence Survivor
- Richard Aborn, President of the Citizen Crime Commission of New York City
- Alvin Bragg, Co-Director of the Racial Justice Project, Law Professor at New York Law School and candidate for Manhattan DA
The event is co-sponsored by Arnold & Porter, Paul, Weiss, and The Brennan Center.
Coffee and lunch will be served. Free and open to the public. CLE credit available.
Categories: Volume 72